Saturday, November 29, 2008

Of all the things I could pass on to my children, why this?




Kali woke up the other morning after coughing all night with very short breaths. As soon as I got her from her bed it hit me, she has asthma. She has had a few breathing problems before but nothing too serious. Kali sounded really bad so I wanted to hurry and take care of this before she got any worse. After dropping Kiki off at school, Brian and I brought Kali in and my fear was confirmed, I gave Kali my asthma. It's not like I did it on purpose, but it still sucks because I know how she feels. Think of trying to take a deep breath but only through a straw, not fun. Anyway, we had to give her two breathing treatments in the doctor's office and each one took about 10 minutes. She screamed the entire time except for the first minute. Poor Kali. She is now used to it and it breathing much better. She actually likes to hold the mask herself, but only while watching Yo Gabba Gabba- I love that show!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Poor thing! I'm glad she is doing better.