Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Turkey Day...mmmm turkey

My parents and two of my siblings (Jacob & Sara) came down for Thanksgiving. I love to cook and love to eat turkey so I was excited to cook a large meal. We all hung out and watched movies, relaxed and I taught Sara how to make bows. The turkey came out beautifully and the dinner was a success. I was so proud I had to take a photo of it. Friday night we all went to Opportunity Village (a non-profit org. that has a Christmas mini carnival) to take in the lights and festivities. There is a mini train ride that we normally go on that was broken half the time. Unfortunately it took us over an hour to ride the 3 minute train. Oh well, we enjoyed the cool night and hot coco. The kids left happy and tired and that is all that matters. Of course I needed to be happy too so we stopped off at In-N-Out and I got myself a burger. Hey, if this is my weekend to eat crappy, I'm going to enjoy it!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Turkey's intimate me. I've yet cooked a Turkey for Thanksgiving. Yours looks so good.

Hey...I'm linkin' ya. K~

Dave and Courtney said...

wow...i'm not sure i could cook a turnkey. i'll maybe have to try some day...but great job!! :) are you coming into town for christmas? if so, it would be great to see you! i haven't see you guys since grandpa's b-day party a couple years ago! crazy how time flys! love ya!